God's Challange: To pray for a God sized goal bigger than you can do.
God's Answer: Spark a "Movement" that will launch one million missionaries into the harvest.
- Goal: Reach Every Tribe, Tongue, People, Nation
- Priority: Unreached/Unengaged
- Means: Missionaries that will be Called, Equipped, Sent, Cared For, Self Replicating
- Focus: Mentoring and Equipping Missionaries/Church Leaders
Goal: One million self replicating missionaries from the whole Body of Christ working to produce disciples of Jesus Christ in every people.
Matt 28:18-20 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”-NASB
Priority: Unreached/Unengaged Peoples
- Peoples that already have the Gospel: 46.3% world’s population. 96.7% Missionaries
Unreached/Unengaged Peoples: 53.7% world’s population 3.3% Missionaries
Statistics-World Christian Database, 2015,*Barrett and Johnson. 2001. World Christian Trends, pg. 656, and  Atlas of Global Christianity 2009
Gateway’s Strategy is to Focus on Mentoring and Equipping Missionaries/Church Leaders
2 Tim. 2:2 “The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.”
- Self Replicating Church leaders in the nations: keys to building and sustaining a movement of Christ among unreached peoples
- Equipping church leaders in areas already reached: the key in building the base for sending self replicating missionaries to train others
- Equipping self replicating leaders in the nations in their own context: they are already targeted to work among unreached peoples and are the most effective means of completing the challenge of the million missionary movement
For missionaries to be effective they have to be:
- Called: Gateway Center teams coach those who have a heart for mission and help them define their call.
- Equipped: Gateway Center offers seminars, mentoring, strategic warfare training, mission training in Biblical and cultural aspects, training in discipleship and church planting. Short-term mission opportunities help candidates gain experience.
- Sent: Gateway works with churches and individuals to help both those who are sent and those who send to form a team. 1 Sam 30:24- “..those who stay have equal share as those who go…”
- Cared for: Gateway teams train churches to be senders. We provide missionary care to help missionaries through struggles they inevitably encounter. Effective missionaries need to be both strong, engaged, and cared for.
- Covered with Prayer: Gateway teams equip churches, church leaders, and missionaries through training in intercession as well as assistance in forming prayer teams.